Medscape Consult is an online community where physicians ask and answer clinical questions as well as share and discuss clinical challenges. It's your virtual curbside consult.
Looking to connect with other physicians and find out how they would make a diagnosis, select a treatment, and more?
With Medscape Consult, we hope to improve patient outcomes by harnessing the collective knowledge of the professional healthcare community so that physicians can solve, share, search and collaborate on clinical cases
Key Medscape Consult Features:
At the core of Medscape Consult is access to Medscape's Drugs & Diseases reference database, a resource regarded as the go-to choice by hundreds of thousands of physicians seeking clinical answers. Medscape Consult builds upon this evidence-based foundation with peer-to-peer contributions paired with robust content curation and streamlined navigation, creating a digital curbside consult grounded in actionable clinical utility.
With Medscape Consult, physician interactions and information-sharing will be housed in a moderated environment with editorial oversight to provide information that is concise and scientifically grounded. Additionally, Medscape Consult will feature expert authors and reviewers for selected content, further expanding the breadth and depth of clinical information and discussion.
The new tool will also enable physicians to:
- Post Cases: Share interesting or challenging de-identified cases and consult with other physicians
- Comment: Discuss cases or questions by posting attributed comments
- Search for Answers: Seek targeted, authoritative answers at the point of care
- Ask Questions: Pose clinical questions to the Medscape community and thought leaders
- Connect and Collaborate: Engage medical colleagues and experts in clinical discussion
- Raise Their Profile: Build an online presence and showcase clinical expertise that can help expand their digital footprint in the medical community
Content available through Medscape Consult is intended for informational purposes. Community members should exercise their own professional and clinical judgment in evaluating the information provided by Medscape and our users. We encourage you to confirm with other sources before undertaking any treatment based on such information.